Mimic Technologies, Inc, is looking for a skilled and motivated Project Manager – Scrum Master to join our growing company and software development team to help develop our next generation of virtual reality surgical simulation technology. This is an excellent opportunity to apply Agile project management skills in a challenging problem domain while having a tangible impact on training to advance surgical care.
The Project Manager – Scrum Master works as a member of the software development team to support managing delivery of a variety of projects and products. The qualified candidate is expected to facilitate software development team’s effort on developing our next generation surgical simulation and training technology to educate surgeons in various aspects of robotic surgical equipment and techniques.
This position will assist the Director of Software Development in managing work using agile development methodologies like Scrum and/or Kanban. As part of this position, you will manage work queues, track progress on ongoing projects, clear team impediments, facilitate meetings, coordinate with other parts of the organization to accomplish company goals, and continuously evaluate and improve development processes. The position will possess a unique blend of people skills as well as an aptitude for critical thinking. You will be expected to be adaptable and to keep communication lines open.
Scrum Master Specific:
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies (e.g., Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, etc.) while maintaining all Scrum artifacts (e.g., Sprint backlog, etc.)
- Help clear impediments blocking team progress
- Support and work with all Scrum roles to facilitate a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Provide progress reports and updates on issues within the team, iteration (Sprint) impediments and achievements
Project Manager Specific:
- Own project schedules, task facilitation, and progress tracking
- Collaborate with staff, management, and outside 3rd parties (as needed) to identify and communicate project roles, goals, expectations, and tasks
- Manage daily/weekly project communication, status reporting and meeting minutes
- Ensure identification and resolution of critical issues in a timely manner
- Provide continuous improvement to project management and development processes by keeping up with industry best practices and optimizing Mimic processes
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience as a Scrum Master and/or Project Manager
- Working experience in managing projects from concept to completion
- Experienced working in Agile environment
- Advance skills in JIRA
- Flexible and able to work fast under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements
- Familiarity with Project Management best practices
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to make good and timely decisions
- Bachelors of Science in STEM field
- Experienced managing projects in Virtual, Augmented and/or MIxed Reality, Interactive 3D Simulation, and/or Game Development
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Advanced education
About Mimic (www.MimicSimulation.com):
Located in the historic Pioneer Square neighborhood of downtown Seattle, Mimic Technologies is the leader in Robotic Surgery Simulation. Our customers are visionary medical centers and teaching hospitals who utilize simulation technology to train the next generation of surgeons. We strive to maintain a positive team environment where everyone is passionate about fusing virtual reality and surgical robotics into revolutionary new products and services.
Mimic is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including employee medical & dental insurance, 401K match, paid time off, and more. More importantly, you will be working on exciting and meaningful technology that will profoundly and positively impact the lives of both patients and surgeons, on a humane work schedule with excellent work-life balance.